Are you coming to Salem and looking for something to do with the family? The Salem Phoenix Inn is a family friendly hotel centrally located in Salem. We have kids, and so we have some ideas on what you can do with children of all ages while visiting Salem.
For starters you can eat at one of the restaurants within walking distance!
- Mod Pizza
- Nancy’s Burgers & Fries
- Jersey Mike’s Subs
- The Original Pancake House
- Daily food trucks located at B2 Tap house
Here are some other ideas that will make both you and the kids happy.
- Take the kids for a picnic or play a round of disc golf at Woodmansee Park located ½ a mile from the hotel.
- Enjoy a craft beer or cider at our neighbors B2 Tap house. With rotating taps and an onsite food truck it’s a great place to unwind after a busy day.
- Visit one of the many Willamette Valley Wineries. Pick up the Travel Salem visitors guide and set out on a self guided tour of local Vineyards. Make sure your first stop is Willamette Valley Vineyards, less than 10 minutes from the hotel!
- Relax in our indoor pool and spa.
- Take the kids to the Enchanted Forest, a staff favorite and only 10 minutes away!
- Conquer the Salem Ale & Cider Trail but don’t forget to purchase the official Ale & Cider Trail Passport at the front desk.
- Spend the afternoon at the Gilbert House, a children’s science & art museum spanning 3 Victorian houses plus an outdoor play area
- Feeling lucky? Head over to Spirit Mountain Casino, only 40 minutes from downtown Salem and test your luck on the blackjack tables.
- Enjoy your dinner while watching a movie at the Northern Lights Theater Pub. Also, an affordable family friendly movie theater.